Wednesday, March 18, 2020

HLA Goes To Uni; Jess & Hanna - Rotation One

Hey, look! Yet another Livy rip-off of an idea of Heather's. As soon as Uni came out I wanted to send this lot, but their kids were children/teens so I didn't really think it would work. I was planning to wait to just send their kids, but I'm way too impatient for that haha.



Jess and Hanna's traits and aspirations have stayed exactly the same, but naturally they have some very updated looks. I tried to make them look slightly more youthful than they do in the main save, but I also just wanted a chance to give them new clothes.
 Hanna was made when I only had the base game, and Jess was made with City Living and whichever two packs came in that bundle.

I think I did a good job in making Hanna look younger, but I'm not sure about Jess.


Being broke students they couldn't have too fancy of an apartment, but I did try to keep the pastel vibes from all their main save houses. Tiny living really helped with this; as ugly and mismatched as a lot of the wood colours are, the rest of the furniture is super cute.


The focus in this first week is to get these girls some skills! I was initially just planning to force enrol the idiots and get going immediately, but then I realised that I wanted to give them scholarships so they'd need time to apply for those.



The welcome wagon showed up almost instantly, which also consisted of baby Lacie and Tara who live in the apartment next door.


Jess also then took the opportunity to stun everyone with her truly incredible vocal skills. Lacie even came out to tip her, for no real reason.

Lacie: Hey neighbour, if I tip you $2 will you shut up


And then within thirty seconds of practising her cooking, she manages to set the kitchen on fire.

JESS PLEASE.



Hanna shut herself into her room to paint within a minute of the welcome wagon arriving, and only re-appeared to talk to Jess once everybody else had left.



Except for Lacie who, in true HLA spirit, shows up almost immediately to convince everyone to work out with her. 


She does a couple rounds of push ups, then leaves.


Jess spends all of her time watching cooking shows, because that's just who she is.

It's really nice to see them all acting the same in this save as they do in the main save.



Including Hanna, who is the same awkward and dorky artist that she's always been.

I have to admit I was a little bit nervous, but I figured I'd probably be okay, given that Jeff and Andy both act the same in my game as they do in Heather's.



Lacie invites everyone out to GeekCon (because she would, obviously) to play Blicblock, which seemed like a great idea at the time, until Jess showed up wearing her pyjamas.


I was planning to have Jess pick up some of the city living recipes, but she beat me to the stands and bought herself a hamburger.

Chefs.


Hanna ended up at a table with a cosplayer and... whoever that guy is, with a hotdog and looking extremely uncomfortable.

Peak Hanna.


Lacie manages to take a selfie with Octavia Moon, which somewhat surprises me because she's a celebrity and that usually doesn't happen, but also it's Lacie.

If anyone can convince a celebrity to take a selfie with her, it's Lacie.


Hanna: can we go home now

Jess: no i'm having a great time



I also caught these two woohooing in the rocket!



The next day, Jess takes her singing to the streets, and Hanna bugs out and shows us her mad creative skills by painting with her violin.


And, as is only natural between these two, the flirting begins.


Lacie manages to insert herself into the middle of the flirting, because the two of them won't even stop when they have a friend over.



Their acceptance letters came in on the final day of their rotation. Both girls got into the distinguished degrees at Britechester; Jess, naturally, is doing her degree in Culinary Arts, and Hanna is taking Fine Art!

They both got accepted for scholarships, I just can't remember which ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment